- What is ISO 22000 & why might you need it?
ISO 22000 was established via improving the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system and harmonizing it with the ISO 9001 (Quality Management System) standard, such that HACCP principles can be applied within an organization as a robust Quality Management System (QMS).
ISO 22000 has brought an international approach to food safety. This standard, accepted worldwide, is applied to the places where the production and sale activities of food and food contact materials take place. These places can be grouped as follows:
- Food production plants
- Food contact material production plants
- Food packaging production plants
- Food packing facilities
- Food transporters
- Food storage facilities
Benefits provided by ISO 22000 standard:
- Minimizing the yield loss by using preventive methods instead of corrective methods
- Extending the shelf life of the product as it achieves and maintains the necessary environmental and product hygiene
- Reducing the risk of faulty production as it aims at the critical process phases
- Ensuring reliable production in terms of human health by eliminating or reducing the hazards and risks that may arise in the end product to acceptable levels
- Ensuring the awareness and participation of the employees
- Systematizing the production
- Simplifying the product tracking as it requires recording of the process of each phase from raw material purchase to the sales of end products.
- Complying with legal regulations as it meets the necessary structural terms of Turkish Food Codex and HACCP applications.
How can you apply or learn more?
To apply or request more information about ISO 22000 certification you can contact one of our specialists directly via the contact form below.